Earlier today Gingerbread 2.3 became official, and shortly after the developer community starting making good use out of the release. You can now put the Gingerbread keyboard on any 2.2 device as long as you are rooted. There have been a couple versions flying around, but the predictions didn't work at all. Well, thanks to Fabolous from AndroidForums, you can now have the predictions that you desperately need. (REMEMBER THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR ANDROID DEVICES RUNNING 2.1) Here's how it's done:
- You MUST be Rooted with ClockWorkMod installed for the Recovery
- MAKE A BACKUP (just in case something goes wrong)
- Download this file HERE
- Place the downloaded file on your SD Card
- Boot into Recovery
- Install the .zip that you just download
- Note: Droid X users in Clockwork go to mounts and storage > mount system > then go and install the .zip
- Go into settings and under "input method" select Android Keyboard
- If you experience the miniature keyboard with the Droid X do this:
- Download the free app "LCD Density" from the market.
- Set density to 300 then reboot.
- Set density to 260 then reboot.
- Set density to 240 then reboot.
- This keyboard WILL replace the multi-touch keyboard for the Droid X.
- You can restore it by flashing this file HERE (this is ONLY for Droid X users to restore the MT keyboard)
There you go! Pretty simple right? Now if we could only get a theme for Gingerbread coming along. Leave your thoughts in the comments below.